P&C Mid-market Underwriter
Salary: up to £45k
We’ve partnered with a multinational insurance group in their search for an experienced P&C Mid Market underwriter to join their team in Manchester.
What you’ll be doing:
As Commercial Underwriter you’ll help drive and transform how we partner our broker portfolios, through responsive, flexible, and collaborative relationships. With a strong balance of technical and trading capability, you’ll be empowered to make decisions, supported by data, insight, and decision support tools on mobile technology to succeed. You’ll be focused on developing and delivering profitable growth, across the existing business within the key markets.
What we’re looking for:
- Keep an open mind: Keen to learn and challenge the status quo, able to approach tasks from different perspectives while focusing on helping colleagues and customers.
- Stay curious: You’ll be perceptive of what our customers and the market want and bring that knowledge into your work, whilst making the most of group’s development opportunities.
- Be a team player: Able to use your unique skills and knowledge to collaborate with your colleagues, take accountability and discover new ways of doing things.
- Strong trading capability, commercial awareness, negotiation skills, and the ability to build strong broker relationships.
- Pragmatic decision making with good analytical and numerical reasoning skills.
- Cert CII qualification with DIP CII desirable.
- Strong analytical skills with proven experience of account monitoring and action planning.
- Proven experience in decision making on a wide range of underwriting scenarios within a Commercial environment.
- Sound knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements for insurance, including treating customers fairly.
- Experience of working in teams and a successful record of delivering results.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Exposure within Property and Casualty discipline capability.
If that describes you and you want to learn more, please apply and I will contact you shortly with further information.
Feel free to reach out to me at: