At Heat Recruitment, we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Looking after your information is the cornerstone of trust between us and it underpins the service that our team gives you. We want to keep you happy!
Our commitment to your privacy
No fuss: You have the right to know how we collect and use your information. For more details, please take a bit of time to read how we do this below.
No frills: We only collect the information we need so that we can let you know about the things that matter to you. We look after it like it’s our own.
No surprises: You are always in control of how you hear from us and what you hear from us about
No spam: We will never sell your information to anybody else.
No worries: Have a concern? Want to get in touch? No problem, use our contact us button on this page and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can, or drop the data protection team a line at email@example.com.
Who are we?
Heat Recruitment and Heat Computing are an award-winning recruitment agency supplying recruitment services registered at One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. To get in touch with us please email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0345 375 1747 and ask for the Compliance Team.
Heat Recruitment takes data protection seriously and aims to comply with best industry practice and all local laws. The application of this policy may be varied in accordance with local legal.
Data protection principles
We are committed to complying with data protection laws. These laws say that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- accurate and kept up to date
- kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about, and
- kept securely
So what kind of personal information will we hold about you?
As a recruitment agency we gather information about you that will enable us to find and inform you of the best employment opportunities and to assess your suitability throughout the recruitment process.
We collect personal information including:
- first name, surname, email address, telephone number, address, career information including job title, company name and displayed on your CV or LinkedIn profile, social media or data that can be found in the public domain, references, banking details, passport, visas where required. This is not an exhaustive list.
- We may from time to time send marketing communications to you by post, email or SMS
What we use:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address if you visit our website.
Why we use it: we do this so that we can:
- understand the types of customers and the roles that they need
- keep our website updated and relevant, and
- develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy
Seeing ads for Heat Recruitment online
We like to keep you aware of the great services which we offer. This means that if you visit our site, other sites such as Google will show Heat Recruitment ads on other sites across the Internet (including Google itself). Google helps us do this by using cookies or similar technologies on your computer.
You can opt out of this at any time by visiting:
Dealing with cookies
Collecting your personal information
We collect your personal information from you only.
This may be:
- directly from you such as when:
- you let us know how you want to hear from us, you want us to act on your behalf and what you hear from us about
- you complete one of our application forms (either in office or on our website)
- indirectly from you, such as when you interact with our website, job boards, LinkedIn, social media, companies house and/or corporate websites
We love social media and chatting with you there, whether it be on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn
Don’t forget, however, that everybody can see everything you do there so if you want us to keep your information private, please don’t put anything on these sites which you or your loved ones would like to keep private, whether now or in the future.
We will always try to respond to you using another medium such as e-mail or phone, where appropriate.
If you use certain social media features from within our website or connect with us on our social media webpages, the privacy policies of those companies will apply. Please read them carefully before you share your information with us and others as these companies may have different standards of protection of information than we do.
Using your personal information
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to and to contact you we will use either phone, SMS, social networks or email. We use your personal information to assist you in the world of recruitment, which includes:
- Handling your initial application to a job opportunity
- Matching you to specific job opportunities
- Inform you of and keep you informed of key Clients and job opportunities
- Organise Client meetings whether via Telephone, Skype, Facetime, or Face to Face
- Keep you informed of the Heat Recruitment Career Tools
- To manage you through the recruitment process including onboarding and follow ups
- Where we are required by law, under our legal obligations and for legitimate interest
Failing to give us your personal information
You are always in control of your information. If you don’t want us to send you details of our services, we will respect your wishes. However, please bear in mind that if you don’t give us certain key personal information we won’t be able to contact you for the reasons set out in the ‘Using your personal information’ section.
Changing why we use your personal information
We won’t do this. We will only use your personal information to send you details of the services which you have told us you are interested in and those of potential interest to you.
Keeping your personal information up to date
It is important that the personal information that we hold about you is accurate and current, so we ask that you please keep us informed if your personal information changes.
We are caring especially when sharing your personal data
Your personal data may be shared with certain third parties who will be subject to contractual obligations of confidentiality and compliance with relevant laws, including
- Our client who has a vacancy to fill or who you may have secured a role
- Other recruitment agencies or service providers such as umbrella companies, RPO or PSL providers
- Suppliers, contractors and agents who may perform services for us, including payroll providers, umbrella companies, professional advisers such as accountants or lawyers, insurance brokers, consultants, background check agencies, email marketing agencies, event organisers
- Government or law enforcement authorities or any other third party in any jurisdiction, if we believe that we have an obligation to do so or that such action is necessary to protect, defend or enforce our rights
- In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or transfer of assets of any member of our group, to any third party provided they are obliged to only use your personal data for the purposes that you have provided it to us
We may also conduct checks on you to verify the information you have provided and where we do this we may share your information with former employers or clients.
Securing and protecting your personal information
Your personal information deserves the greatest protection and security. This is why we have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent it from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Our data is as important to us as it is to you, which is why we have strong IT security measures to ensures this is locked down and only the right people see this information. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality to us. We cannot guarantee that any third party will be compliant with relevant laws and best industry practice and accept no responsibility or liability for these third parties. We have put extensive procedures in place to deal with any suspected security breach which involves personal information and we will let the regulator and you know of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Part of the protection is to only keep your personal information for as long as necessary
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it
Our standard policy is to retain personal information for 15 years, as we aim to be with you for the long-haul as we understand career patterns and how they change
We may also need to keep it for other purposes including for satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements
Once you no longer wish to hear from us we will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our Data Retention Policy and any ongoing Legal Requirements. This states that we will delete your personal information as soon as we can.
How do you exercise your legal rights?
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to ask for:
- access to your personal information (commonly known as a ‘subject access request’). This means you can receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and check that we are processing it properly, we offer this service for free
- the erasure of your personal information. This means you can ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it
- the correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This means you can correct any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you
- the restriction of processing of your personal information. This means you can ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it and
- the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to do any of these things please email email@example.com
Exercising your right to be forgotten
You have the right to be forgotten at any time.
To erase your data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
So how do you get in touch with us?
Our Compliance Team oversees compliance with this privacy notice. If you choose to discuss any matter relating to your personal data and this privacy notice or how we collect and use your personal information, please contact the
c/o Heat Recruitment Ltd / Heat Computing Ltd
Tel: 0345 375 1747
Changes to this privacy notice
Details of any changes will also be recorded in our change log below.
Date Nature of change