Go:Tech Winners Stories: AVID Technology
by Heat Recruitment
In 2018, Heat Recruitment were fortunate enough to show their support for the annual Go:Tech Awards. The evening was superb and we managed to have a chat with some of the winners.
AVID Technology won the Clean Tech Award. We caught up with Director, Iain Young after their win to find out a bit more:
- How does it feel to have won at the Go:Tech Awards?
We were absolutely delighted to win this prestigious award in what was a highly competitive category. The award is also testament to the professional and dedicated team at AVID and great recognition for our growing brand and reputation as a technology leader in the field of vehicle systems electrification
- How would you describe your experience on the night of the Awards?
It was a fabulous evening in a high class venue. We thoroughly enjoyed mixing and networking with like-minded entrepreneurs and technology leaders.
- What are your company goals for next year?
To build on the success we’ve had during 2018, further expand our product range and ramp-up our production facilities to meet the hugely growing demand for electrification from the automotive market.
- What kind of advice would you give to a fellow tech enthusiast wanting a career in the industry?
Follow your dreams, never lose that passion and creative mind-set, and do not be afraid of set-backs on your journey as this is a key part of your learning experience.
- What is one piece of past technology you’d love to see trending again?
- In three words, describe how you feel about the future of technology.
Dynamic, exciting and ground-breaking.
- Are there any challenges as a company that have taught you valuable lessons?
The need to constantly innovate and differentiate to maintain market leadership but also to attract and retain the best talent pool.
- What inspired you to get into the tech industry?
The fact that it is fast-paced, forever changing and can have a real positive impact on people’s lives as well as the environment.