“Don’t touch the Firewall, you’ll get burnt…” – Top 8 IT Qualifications for 2017
by Heat Recruitment
Here at Heat, we are always looking for the latest and best qualifications to get your career moving and to make sure we can give you the best advice. After all, your career is one of the most important things in your life. Below, we’ve listed the best qualifications that you can pick up!
• Security is undoubtedly the IT buzzword of 2017 and with threat levels at unprecedented high this gold standard certification provides an excellent route into senior positions
• The industry is crying out for new talent with many independent polls predicting an alarming increase in threats and the numbers are simply not there to fill the vacancies that are anticipated to follow
2. Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
• If the recent large scale hacks of the likes of Tesco, Yahoo and Netlfix have caught your eye then you will be aware security breaches can happen to some of the largest corporations.
• CEH will allow you to identify vulnerabilities within businesses networks and patch potential exposures, a vital requirement for any ambitious business.
Support and Networking
3. Cisco CCNA (Routing and Switching)
• This should be the starting point for any ambitious Network Engineer looking to make head way in the industry
• Whether you are looking to round of an already strong Server side support skill set or looking to focus solely on networking this will immediately increase your market value
4. Microsoft MCSA: Windows Server 2016
• Another new certification from Microsoft that will be paramount in developing the fundamentals to manage any Windows Server environment.
• This is a solid platform for moving onto the MCSE and a fantastic addition for any candidate with senior infrastructure ambition
5. Microsoft MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
• Knowledge of Cloud related technologies and managing data centres are highly sort after in 2017 and with the new streamlined certification method Microsoft have developed this should be one of the most sought after
Project Management and Architecture
6. TOGAF Certification
• We have seen a huge upsurge in the amount of companies using the The Open Group Architecture Framework and thus the demand for qualified staff is currently very high
• You will be educated on Business, Enterprise, Infrastructure and Data whilst ensuring you will be well paced to improve return on your IT operations
• The must have certification for any existing or aspiring Project Manager with the added bonus of its cross industry flexibility
• Both the methodology and terminology learnt with this course are vital to any business operating under its parameters thus making any candidates holding certifications highly desirable
8. Microsoft MCSD: App Builder
• The world of Mobile App Development is booming and this qualification is a way of quickly developing skills within modern mobile and web application services
• Massive growth is predicted within the industry so whether you are a seasoned developer looking to add mobile to their portfolio or a recent graduate this will look great on your CV
To see all of Heat Recruitment’s IT jobs, click here.
Check out our ultimate guide to IT here.