Wintel Development Engineer
Wintel Development Engineer
Contract Length: 6 months+
Rate: Competitive Daily Rate
Clearance: Preferably DV but SC Also Considered
The Wintel Engineer will support the Build Team by providing additional development and documentation capability. The right candidate will be an experienced Wintel Engineer with development, delivery and documentation experience and knowledge.They will have significant experience of Windows 2K12, Hyper V and L3 / L4 support fault finding.
The Wintel Engineer will provide support to activities including but not limited to the development of:
- The Windows element of the LBS UAD based training solution
- A Windows 10 image (USB/WDS) for the LBS UADs
- A Windows 2K12 image (USB/WDS) for the LBS nodes
- Develop build instructions for the builds referenced above
- Support the Volume Roll Out if required
- Designs or undertakes impact analysis of medium size solutions or partial solutions within a large established architecture.
- Schedules and monitors own work, minimal escalation of problems and queries.
- Owns and produces project plans for medium size solutions or partial solutions.
- May schedule and monitor the work of others in team management situation.
- Collates and is responsible for proposals and bids of which some work packages will be undertaken by others. This may also include responses to change requests.
- Contributes to solution reviews.
- Produces high quality solutions and documentation through the use of a structured approach for problems with medium complexity.
- Has identified and implemented ways to exceed customer expectation.
- Fluently presents complex technical information to technical and non-technical audiences both orally and in writing.
- Can give clear and concise instructions to those that they are providing guidance to.
- Communicates issues in a timely manner.
- Influences own team by leading team meetings, peer review of deliverables etc.
- Influences and creates a positive impact outside of their own team, e.g. by contributing to other team meetings, peer review of deliverables from other teams etc.
- Works influentially with the customer to discover, document and prioritize requirements.
- Adheres to corporate and local methodologies as appropriate.
- Adheres to corporate and local processes.
- Has played a lead role in developing and/or tailoring local processes.
- Keep abreast of technology developments within their own specialism.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Consistently produces deliverables, which require minimal rework following a peer review prior to the engineering phase.
- Authors application design documents for medium to large solutions, managing requirements and resources and maintains an audit trail for an effective design control process.
- Where appropriate, demonstrable evidence that the work of others has been well managed.
- Evidence of coaching and mentoring.
- Technical leadership is being provided in at least one area.
- Designs successfully integrate with other parts of the solution and meet/exceed the requirement specification
- Work is delivered to agreed timescales.
- Produces maintainable solutions with a low density of defects.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to less experienced colleagues.
- Can produce tangible evidence of how they have proactively identified and resolved potential issues and risks to enable successful delivery.
- Is able to provide evidence of clear and concise communication to a technical and non-technical audience, utilizing appropriate language and terminology.
- Tangible evidence of how their ideas have benefitted their own team and other teams, e.g. design implemented, published processes, developed standards, identified and implemented tools etc.
- Is able to provide evidence of how they have influenced customer requirements
- Evidence that Corporate and local methodologies have been followed.
- Regular contribution to, and user of, company knowledge repositories and events.
- Evidence of input to local processes. These local processes are in regular use and have been successfully audited.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant methods and processes