Technical Lead – Property Claims
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000
Hybrid/Flexible working set up.
We have partnered with a leading insurance broker group to recruit for an experienced technical lead to join their Property Claims team in Manchester.
Main purpose of job
To support the business regarding the acquisition and retention of clients you will be expected to: deliver an excellent level of claim handling and service, physically attend site when there is a large and complex claim event to support the client from day one of the claim and liaise with various parties to ensure matters proceed correctly, develop strategy and lead negotiations in order to obtain early settlement of the claim and provide claims MI to clients together with high level overview of the information in line with agreed servicing. To provide technical support and resource to internal stakeholders and external Clients.
• To assist clients with the presentation of their insurance claims
• To demonstrate an appropriate level of technical claims knowledge in relevant classes of business
• To attend site and meetings with the client and interested parties
• To negotiate and obtain settlement of claims, liaising with claimants, insurers, and loss adjusters, as necessary
• To actively pursue insurers or their suppliers to ensure early policy coverage agreement leading to swift claim resolution.
• Proactively manage a portfolio of claims to ensure that these are resolved as quickly as possible and managed to a good technical standard
• To escalate matters as required within Insurers and/or their suppliers in a timely way to ensure that an early and satisfactory solution is found for clients. Recognising the need to escalate to the Claims Relationship Manager or Line Manager where appropriate.
• To carry out all activities in the most efficient and cost-effective manner without compromising on quality or client satisfaction
• To demonstrate the ability to keep own work clearly prioritised and actioned within service standard commitments
• To demonstrate the ability to actively support the broader Claims team to deliver on the collective service standard commitments
• To drive our Insurers/Suppliers to deliver on their service standard commitments
• To recognise urgent matters and prioritise and action them appropriately
• Provide mentoring and support to less experienced members of staff.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients, colleagues, insurers and other suppliers
• Immediately advise your Manager of any problem, issue or request which falls outside your authority, level of experience or knowledge, or which could in any way materially affect your effectiveness in your role
• Undertake any additional duties which have been specifically assigned to you and/or may be reasonably requested by your manager.
• Relevant claim handling experience and track record of attending site to assist in property investigations
• A good understanding of property policy wordings and how they are applied
• Strong relationships within the market with loss adjusters
• Competent in Microsoft Office products
• Dip CII
• Working knowledge of Acturis
If that describes you and you want to learn more, please apply and I will contact you shortly with further information.
Feel free to reach out to me at: