My Client who is a leader within the Defence Industry is looking for a Solution Architect to join their team. You will be working in the focal point of the organisation's Cyber related busines and research within the UK. The Solution Architect will be the design lead (chief architect) for a portfolio of business pursuits from opportunity identification through business development support, information presentation and demonstrations, proposals support and successful programme launch. The role has significant customer-facing content and requires a proven ability to engage successfully with customers to understand and elaborate needs, and generate and evolve potential solutions ‘live’ in customer dialogue.
This specific role will be the design lead for programmes with a significant emphasis on networked electronic warfare and command / control / communications, delivered via a range of legacy and new platforms and customer infrastructure. The design will factor in all defence lines of development. The role will be the design lead for a franchise with multiple bids/programmes individually ranging from £100k to £100m.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for delivering innovative solutions to challenging customer problems. You will engage directly with customers to capture business requirements and transform these through analysis and design into system solution designs. You will educate and energise the team throughout the engineering lifecycle to ensure the successful and focused delivery of solutions which acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. You will work with external and internal senior stakeholders to shape the problem and to gain acceptance for the solution.
In order to be successful in this role the right candidate will have to possess some of the following skills and qualities:
- Proven experience in similar roles working to industry best practice standards
- Proven customer-focussed attitude and ability to understand customer business and technical needs, and develop requirements into solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Clear and concise communication and presentation skills with an ability to convey complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work with all levels of Engineering, Programme Management and leadership
- Able to demonstrate strong technical leadership within a busy operational environment whilst providing guidance and mentoring to other Engineers
- Previous demonstrable experience of designing and delivering complex integrated enterprise solutions, including distributed wide area networked services, electronic warfare/cyber and complex multi-layer architecture.
- Familiarity with Architecture standards such as MODAF, DODAF, TOGAF, GVA
- Proven experience in complex system design, integration and test, performance analysis, particularly in the defence C4ISR domain.
- Technical confidence in a customer facing/consultation role.
- Proven leader with good communication skills with ability to present solution designs to customers and internal team resources. First-class stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to create clear and effective reports suitable for customer acceptance
Skilled or interested in any of the following:
- Domain experience in electronic warfare, including radio-frequency detection and countermeasures, software defined radios
- Domain experience in military communications networks
- Domain experience in military vehicle integration
- Experience with system modelling toolsets.
- Experience in working in Electronic Warfare and/or Cyber domains.
- Enterprise integration architecture.
- Data architectures
Because of the nature of the work candidates will need to hold a SC Clearance or be open to going through the process which can take up to 12 months.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a Global power that really respects how important the work life balance is.
If this specific vacancy is not exactly what you are looking for please contact us to discuss other opportunities we may be recruiting for that aren’t necessarily advertised; you can send your CV to this vacancy or contact us directly. Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a new career.