Role: Interim Service Manager – Safeguarding
Duration: ASAP – 31/03/2023
Rate: £400 per day
The service area is known as “Safeguarding and Support, Court, Child Exploitation and Families Come First”. There are two Service Managers in total and I am recruiting an interim Service Manager to fill a vacant position.
Essential Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- An experienced and practising Service Manager who is expected to supervise 4 to 5 team managers.
- Track record in leading court work and driving improvements in this specialist area of social work practice.
- Use performance data to drive improvement and practice.
- Support team managers and individual social workers to meet practice standards consistently.
- A systemic approach to risks management and practice improvement.
- Skills and knowledge in working effectively with children and young people who are at risks of sexual and/or criminal exploitations and/or children on the edge of care.
- Driving permanence for children in care and knowledgeable about the child’s journey in children’s social care system.
- Driving CIN and CP and CiC plans.
- Collaborative approach to working with children, families and stakeholders and partner agencies
- Produce high quality reports to senior leadership when required
- Represent the local authority in external partnership meetings.
- Drive and implement the directorate change and improvement agenda.
1) 3 days a week physical presence in the office is required.
2) Two nights a month EDT on call – there is a standard pay rate for all regardless of employment status – this pay rate is significantly lower than the day rate.
There are plenty more Social Worker contract roles available should this one not be quite the right fit.