Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer OUTSIDE IR35
Duration: 24 months
End Client: Public Sector
Security Clearance Required: SC
- Be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of how AWS services hang together and the underlying technology.
- Have a strong awareness of networking capability including: Direct Connect configuration, Routing, Firewalls, Security Groups and the respective configuration tasks in a secure cloud environment.
- Demonstrable ability to solve business problems by applying technology.
- Demonstrable experience of Cloud Infrastructure Architecture.
- Demonstrable experience of building Infrastructure as a Code.
- Demonstrable experience working within Government and Policing.
- Demonstrable strong understanding of and exposure to AWS Cloud Environments.
- Demonstrable experience of developing designs for secure environments.
- Demonstrable experience of working within DevOps Environments.
- Demonstrable experience of engaging with senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing peers and stakeholders without having to depend on reporting lines.
- Demonstrable experience of creating LLD documentation.
- Demonstrable experience in all following enterprise-tooling-solutions & monitoring-solutions: Terraform, Pecker, Ansible, Linux, GitLab, CloudFormation, Confluence, JIRA, Jenkins, Sparx-EA & Pro-Cloud, Consul, Vault, Artifactory, JfrogX-RAY, SonarQube and Selenium-Splunk
Nice to haves:
- Show demonstrable experience of AWS Certification.
- Show a demonstrable Linux / Unix background.
- Show demonstrable knowledge of the Police and Public Protection Portfolio and the varying initiatives in progress would be a distinct advantage
- Reviewing and contributing to high-level architectural, security and service design artifacts.
- Developing solutions from approved designs with focus on best practice and security.
- Maintaining/managing tooling in cloud platform.
- Documenting solutions built with LLD artifacts, alongside translating technical details and complexities with AWS cloud services, with view to obtaining accreditation.
- Developing Cloud Solution reference architectures standards/best practice.
- Developing/implementing DevOps processes; identifying efficiency savings.
- Ensuring common understanding between different technical stakeholders.
- Leading timely resolution of technical issues within delivery cycle.
- Supporting development and mentoring of Junior technical resources within team.
- Provision of some level 3 support of capabilities developed by programme.