An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Accountant to join a leading Accountancy practice in North London at a Senior level. The Accountant will be looking after corporate clients which includes SME businesses and entrepreneurs.
This Accountancy practice is a part of a larger Professional Services Group which has a mission to disrupt the disjointed Professional Services space. The group has several subsidiaries ranging from tax, accounting, legal, financial services and digital marketing.
The group has completed a number of acquisitions and is looking to grow both organically and through further acquisitions in 2021. It is also likely that the group will look to raise money through PE/Venture Capital.
- Maintain records of clients using accounting software packages including Xero and Sage 50
- Use cloud accounting tools to process transactions, prepare and post journals, update all ledgers, perform bank reconciliations ready for the monthly reporting process
- Undertake financial close procedures for the month end, including inter-company balance reconciliation
- Preparing management accounts and month end reconciliations, including commentary
- Drafting and finalising year end accounts
- Hold client meetings
- Preparing of service charge accounts
- Preparing extended trial balances including the final year end trial balance
- Preparing cash flow statements.
- Running the monthly payroll for clients, including RTI submissions and pension contribution calculations
- Preparing corporation tax computation calculations and basic tax planning
- Dealing with the preparation and completion of VAT returns, including EC Sales and Intrastat returns
- Apply a basic knowledge of rules and regulations followed by UK SME’s including tax requirements, company secretarial and a general commercial awareness
- Support the Head of Accountancy
- Training and mentoring junior members of staff
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience within practice working with SME Businesses
- Must be ACA or ACCA qualified
- Xero certified user
- IRESS experience is desirable
- Up to £50k dependent on experience
- Bonus Scheme (up to 10%)
- Excellent career development opportunities
- 22 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Private medical insurance (minimum of 1 years’ service)
- Opportunity to join a rapidly expanding firm at a very exciting stage of growth, with prospects of career progression
Apply today to be considered for this opportunity. If suitable, one of our specialist consultants will be in contact to discuss the opportunity with you in detail prior to submitting your CV to the client. Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 if we assist them in securing a new career.