Regional Trading Underwriting Manager
We are currently working with an MGA that is part of one of the largest independent insurance intermediaries in the UK. They are looking for an experienced Regional Trading Underwriting Manager to join their team based in Essex, specialising in Household Insurance.
- The role will be based in their office in Basildon, reporting into the Underwriting Director. You will be managing a team of Underwriters, responsible for both New Business and Renewals of policies.
- Understanding and distributing MI with the Technical Management and Business Development teams, ensuring budgeted GWP and target loss ratios are achieved.
- Operationally manage the specified regional trading team, and lead, inspire and motivate the trading underwriters to achieve the agreed Service Level Agreements.
What’s needed for me to be considered?
- Previous experience managing, leading and coaching a team of underwriters.
- Proven track record in Underwriting a profitable book of business, preferably in HNW or Household, however Commercial Insurance experience will be considered.
- Preferably, the ideal candidate will be someone that has experience in leading and managing a team of Underwriters
- Ideally the perfect candidate will be educated to at least an A-level standard and will have at least CERT cii qualifications, looking to progress toward their Dip CII.
Apply today to be considered for this opportunity. If suitable, one of our specialist consultants will be in contact to discuss the opportunity with you in detail prior to submitting your CV to the client. In this discussion we will aim to identify your specific skills and motivations, and where appropriate recommend other relevant opportunities to you that match your requirements.
Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 if we assist them in securing a new career.
Job Synonyms: Underwriting Manager, Senior Underwriter, Regional Trading Manager, Household Underwriter, Underwriter