Role: Quality Engineer
Contracting Authority: Nuclear Waste Services (NWS)
Contract Length: Until 29/03/24, likely extension
Location: Remote with travel once a week to Cumbria or once a fortnight MINIMUM
IR35: In scope
Pay Rate: £300-£450 (via umbrella)
- Assist with the management, development and continual improvement and maintenance of the IMS documents in accordance with the Integrated Management System Manual.
- Provide the right assistance for training, skills development and tools for the roles associated with QMS and to ensure that their working environment is safe as far as possible.
- Assist with the management, development and continual improvement and maintenance of the NWS IMS to ensure it meets business needs and the requirements of the regulators, certification bodies and customers.
- Assist NWS to maintain certification to ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2018 by assisting the IMS Quality Manager with the interface with certification bodies.
- Assist the IMS Quality Manager to ensure that Records and Information Management Systems are developed, maintained and meet NWS, regulatory, stakeholder and customer needs.
- Enhance the existing Quality Departments support service to the organisation by integrating new and improved processes and services to day-to-day management activities.
- Assist in the development and continuous improvement of the computer based information systems supporting the Quality Department.
- Assist the IMS Quality Manager in liaising with regulators, certification bodies and customers as required.
- Support with the collation of Quality metrics and review trends to drive continuous improvement activities
- Experience working with Integrated Management Systems and Document Control processes
- Experience with Sharepoint
- Experience in Process Mapping activities and methodologies
- A proven track record in training and delivery of quality improvement tools & techniques
- Wide knowledge of procedures and methods relevant to the quality field together with full understanding of underlying quality principles, tools and techniques.
- Able to communicate clearly and present in a professional, articulate manner.
- Experience of Lean/ Visual Management/Line of Sight implementation
- Good IT skills and competence in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working in Records Management Systems
- Experience of Auditing
- Experience with Improvement activities, including implementation of new Management System structures
- Experience in an industrial environment preferably the nuclear industry.
- Knowledge/experience of Nuclear Waste Services (NWS) and processes.
- Knowledge/experience in nuclear waste management.
- Knowledge of Site Licence Conditions.
- Good organising and management skills
- Accredited to an appropriate professional body e.g. CQI, IRCA