My Client who is a leader within the Defence Industry is looking for a Programme Manager to join their team. You will be working in the focal point of the organisation's Cyber related busines and research within the UK. The Programme Manager (PM) will lead the programme in resource planning, documentation development, delivery management and reporting of all programme related artefacts for each stage of the programme. Stages include capability development and demonstration, bid phase, work package and supply chain management and delivery. Each stage of the programme is in scope of the job as it is important to maintain consistency of the programme team. Security clearance is required throughout.
The individual will need to integrate into and work as a member of a cross-discipline team that will change and adapt to the stage of the programme but will include technical development, engineering, security, supply chain management, commercial capture and subject matter experts, amongst others. The individual will have some responsibility for resource identification, onboarding and performance management.
This opportunity is ideally suited to someone with programme management experience of complicated technical programmes in the cyber and electronic warfare environment, where soldier and vehicle integration are critical requirements. It is suitable for applicants with experience in the armed forces, therefore familiar with the terminology, acquisition process, pan-Defence Lines of Development approach to capability and deployment models.
In order to be successful in this role the right candidate will have to possess some of the following skills and qualities:
- Programme management of customer facing, technology based, integration heavy programmes (preferably in a UK MOD environment).
- Experience of full product life cycle from conception, proposal, design through to implementation and support.
- Experience of working on large scale, multiple phase programmes.
- Confident self-starter and respected leader, capable of innovation and lateral thinking.
- Enthusiastic and committed.
- Have demonstrated the ability to establish, develop and maintain cohesive and cooperative business relationships across company boundaries
- Have demonstrated the ability to create and direct high performing teams to achieve organisational objectives
- Good communication skills- verbal and written, including use of collaboration and office automation tools.
Skilled or interested in any of the following:
- Experience in delivery and/or operation of CEMA based capabilities in military environment.
- Experience of a mixed software, hardware and platform integration programmes.
- Experience of cross-business unit programmes.
- Experience of bid process and preparation of deliverables.
Because of the nature of the work candidates will need to hold a SC Clearance or be open to going through the process which can take up to 12 months.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a Global power that really respects how important the work life balance is.
If this specific vacancy is not exactly what you are looking for please contact us to discuss other opportunities we may be recruiting for that aren’t necessarily advertised; you can send your CV to this vacancy or contact us directly. Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a new career.