Role: Principal Technical Architect
Client: Public sector
Contract Length: 9 months (extension possible)
Location: Remote role with Travel to London on occasion
IR35: Inside IR35
Pay Rate: £700
Security Clearance: Active/Lapsed SC this is a bonus
A Principal Technical Architect leads at the highest level, has the highest technical understanding of the broadest range of technologies used across the estate and works with the community to both understand and implement our technical strategy.
As a Principal Technical Architect, you will network and communicate with senior stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, across the organisation and proactively seek out opportunities for effective adoption of technology to support wider departmental aims. You will work with teams across multiple locations, finding and using best practices and emerging technologies and inspiring other architects, collectively helping us understand how to deliver the goals of the organisation.
Specialist Skills & Knowledge
- managing and delivering complex technology solutions within time, cost and quality targets, ensuring solutions are robust, resilient, and appropriately implemented, tested and documented
- evidencing strong technical leadership qualities, with a passion for delivering leading edge designs and inspiring a culture of technical excellence and innovative solution design
- anticipating and advising on future technology changes that present opportunities for the product or programme
- leading the complex landscapes of technologies, 3rd party suppliers (leading the procurement process), internal and cross-government teams
- leading technology teams to adhere to good engineering principles from architecture through to development
- Domain experience within one and working knowledge of other technology domains; networking, server and cloud-based Infrastructure, collaboration technologies, end user devices, virtualisation technologies, device management, technology operations and tooling.
- identifying process improvements and define best practices, inspiring teams to follow this
- communicating clearly in a language which meets the needs of different users, with a good understanding of different channels and formats for different audiences and can adapt to stakeholders’ reactions with flexibility
- managing Human Resource activities, including interviewing, selection / hiring, and conducting performance assessments
- working within a number of delivery frameworks, including scaled agile frameworks and implementations
- having a strong preference for the leverage of commodity integrated market products wherever technical and security considerations allow