Role: PMO Analyst
Contracting Authority: FCDO, ROSA Programme
Contract Length: Initial 6 months
Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow, with occasional travel to London (expensed) Average 2 days per week on-site, the rest remote
Contract type Full Time
Pay Rate: £500
The PMO Analyst is a key role within the Programme Management Office which aims to enable, support and assure successful delivery of the Programme. The role provides a broad range of programme and project office support.
The PMO provides support for Programme colleagues to develop, deploy, use and improve a number of core programme and project management processes. The role also produces or supports the production of a range of programme and project management products.
The PMO will act as a ‘centre of excellence, providing expert practical guidance, skills and support for the Senior Management Team and other colleagues in the Programme on programme and project management processes, standards and tools.
Essential skills and experience
- Prepare and / or assist with the preparation and maintenance of robust plans at programme and project / function levels.
- Undertake and / or support the identification, management and reporting of inter-project and external dependencies.
- Skilled in the JIRA, Confluence toolsets
- Prepare and / or assist with the preparation of programme, project and function reports for Programme management, governance boards and other external stakeholders, coordinating inputs and ensuring the reports are reviewed and approved in accordance with Programme governance arrangements.
- Allied to this, ensure reports and reporting mechanisms give clear sight of progress of the Programme, its constituent projects and functions.
- Undertake and / or support the planning, management, tracking and reporting of the use of resources, human and financial.
- Prepare and / or assist with preparation of programme and project management products, including outline business cases, work package definitions and quality plans.
- Prepare and / or assist with the preparation of other ad hoc products as required.
- Support the management of risks and issues, ensuring they are identified, owned, mitigated and reported. Ensure Risk Action Plans are prepared, owned, managed and reported for appropriate to mitigate key risks
- Undertake and / or support change control processes used effectively, ensuing changes logged, analysed, authorised and implemented.