Role: PKI Manager
Contracting Authority: MOD
Contract Length: 09/03/2024
Location: Corsham 5 days a week due to system usage
Pay rate: £550 (max inside IR35)
Key Outputs & Deliverables:
- Provide administration, maintenance and support to all OpNET domains’ PKI, based around Defence and Microsoft Certificate Services.
- Implementation of the Defence / Microsoft PKI certificate lifecycle management solution.
- Propose and implement improvements to OpNET PKI solution in accordance with standard procedures and change control policies and procedures.
- Project manage the deployment of any new or uplifted/changed OpNET PKI solutions and services
- Implement changes to the PKI infrastructure in accordance with change control policies and procedures.
- Provide subject matter expertise, advice and guidance on matters relating to deployment and management of PKI services on deployed systems.
- Manage the authorisation, creation, distribution, use, secure storage and revocation of digital certificates within the deployed DPKI solution, ensuring it maintains alignment with all relevant MOD direction.
- Directly manage the OpNET certification authorities, to ensure the timely creation and distribution of Certificate Revocation Lists (CRLs) in accordance with the defined timescales and actively engages with delivery teams to disable and remove revoked users and devices from the OpNET operational domains.
- Attend Service Management meetings and Security Working Groups, providing service performance data and promoting an understanding of PKI and its implementation and use in deployed environments.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholder groups and end users to identify PKI requirements and develop requirements documentation.
- Support and author, where required, the generation and through life management of documentation that supports the continuing maintenance and upkeep of the PKI solutions delivered, and where necessary driving PKI management automation aimed at replacing manual processes,
- Alert the DD Security Assurance Coordinator and IT Security Manager of unscheduled or rogue changes in the PKI, which may affect accreditation.
- Support technical discussions and meetings with suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Enforce technical assurance of DPKI to ensure secure delivery in compliance with JSP440 and 604 requirements.