P&C Underwriting Coach (SME)
Salary: up to £67k
We’ve partnered with a multinational insurance group in their search for an experienced underwriter to take on the Senior Underwriter Coach role within the New Business team. There will be specific focus and dedication towards the coaching of the New Business Underwriters, ensuring the delivery of financial targets, by encouraging and driving exceptional performance.
- Coach, train and develop Underwriters to continually improve their technical and trading capability and delivering the financial targets of the SME business.
- Be the referral point for Underwriters, coaching Underwriters to make decisions within their empowerment and providing technical and trading input to improve the quality of underwriting decisions.
- Delivery of planned underwriting result for designated accounts through proactive account review, analysis of underwriting trends and improvement plans implemented to improve profitability.
- Manage underwriting relationships with key brokers from designated accounts to deliver profitable growth.
- Actively manage and review underwriting standards and licences within the team ensuring effective management and deployment of empowerment.
- Support Trading Team Manager to effectively manage the service provided to brokers and input to the performance management of Underwriters.
- Audit & Governance- maintain and monitor an effective control environment compliant with all regulatory & relevant group control standards.
What we’re looking for:
- Coaching and development skills within in a similar environment and experience of working in teams and successful record of delivering results.
- Progress towards Dip CII qualification desirable or equivalent experience
- Technical underwriting expertise in a commercial insurance environment
- Sound understanding of insurance market and processes across commercial lines insurance operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, through written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience in decision making on a wide range of technical underwriting scenarios within a Commercial environment.
- Strong trading capability – commercial awareness, negotiation skills, ability to build strong broker relationships.
- Pragmatic decision maker with good analytical and numerical reasoning skills
- Strong analytical skills with proven experience of account monitoring and action planning
- Excellent risk assessment and risk management skills.
If that describes you and you want to learn more, please apply and I will contact you shortly with further information.
Feel free to reach out to me at: