P&C SME Commercial Underwriter (Existing Business)
Salary: up to £40k (DOE)
We’ve partnered with a multinational insurance group in their search for an experienced SME Commercial underwriter to join their team in Bolton.
As Commercial Underwriter you’ll help drive and transform how we partner our broker portfolios, through responsive, flexible, and collaborative relationships. With a strong balance of technical and trading capability, you’ll be empowered to make decisions, supported by data, insight, and decision support tools on mobile technology to succeed. You’ll be focused on developing and delivering profitable growth, across existing business within the key markets.
- Deliver on trading team targets through profitable underwriting of our products for SME Existing Business, whilst developing key relationships and credibility with brokers and customers.
- You’ll be proactive, outgoing and confident in dealing with our strategic partners, retaining and maximising business through the delivery of exceptional customer service.
- Underwrite our products for SME customers profitably, accurately, consistently using the full range of appetite and tools available.
- Be an advocate for the company contributing to meetings with brokers to secure clients, you’ll be an active and visible coach to executive leaders who are change sponsors.
- Monitor the overall performance of the book you’re responsible for and ensuring remedial action is taken to correct any performance issues.
What we’re looking for:
- Cert CII qualification with DIP CII desirable.
- High level of technical underwriting expertise. You’ll possess a strong trading capability, commercial awareness and expert negotiation skills.
- Ability to build strong broker relationships and a sound understanding of the current commercial insurance market.
- Sound knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements for insurance, including treating customers fairly.
- Developed analytical skills with proven experience of account monitoring and action planning.
- You’ll be pragmatic and a confident decision maker, with meticulous numerical reasoning skills.
- You’ll be able to use your unique skills and knowledge to collaborate with your colleagues, take accountability and discover new ways of doing things.
If that describes you and you want to learn more, please apply and I will contact you shortly with further information.
Feel free to reach out to me at: