A highly renowned global law firm with offices in central Leeds have a fantastic opportunity for an Insurance Claim Handler.
This is an opportunity to suit an aspirational individual with prior experience of Insurance Claim Handling (ideally in a defendant RTA environment and exposure to Insurance pre-litigation work).
This is an exceptional opportunity within a huge scale firm offering all of the benefits you would expect from joining such a major employer!
As an experienced Insurance Claims Handler you will progress cases to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients whilst providing and maintaining management information under the terms of the client service level agreement.
You will be working with industry leading experts in a friendly and committed working environment and get involved in a variety of tasks such as:
- Action all cases in line with practice group/client service standards and protocols ensuring the monitoring and completion of MI as required;
- Use of the case management system and / or use of standard documentation wherever appropriate to maximise cost efficiency;
- Utilise negotiation and communication skills to proactively settle/assist in the settlement of cases to the satisfaction of the client whilst further developing legal technical knowledge;
- Analyse risk and utilise commercial knowledge to develop sound judgement in order to justify decisions in the management of cases;
- Prioritise and organise work efficiently and effectively to ensure client service level agreements and deadlines are met;
- Understand the role in the context of the practice group and proactively seek to increase contribution via the allocation of work;
- Work flexibly in adjusting to changes in priority of workload as dictated by the practice group;
- Interpret financial information to monitor your own performance against agreed targets ensuring there’s an ability to explain any differential;
A progressive career development plan is in place within a highly professional working environment.
What’s needed to be considered?
- Previous experience of running a Motor Insurance pre-litigated caseload with a proven track record of success both from a financial results and client service perspective.
- A good working knowledge of credit-hire
- Experience dealing with MOJ and OIC personal injury claims
- The ability to mentor and coach more junior members of the team
- The ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent attention to detail to be able to carefully analyse files and data
Apply today to be considered for this opportunity. If suitable, one of our specialist consultants will be in contact to discuss the opportunity with you in detail prior to submitting your CV to the client. In this discussion we will aim to identify your specific skills and motivations, and where appropriate recommend other relevant opportunities to you that match your requirements.
Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a new career.
Legal Assistant, Paralegal, Motor claims, Telephone Operative