Network Security Engineer
My Client who is a leader within the Defence Industry is looking for a Network Security Engineer to join their team. You will be working in the focal point of the organisation's Cyber related business and research within the UK
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Work with senior engineers in discussions with customers during requirements analysis, converting operational needs into technical requirements specifications.
- Apply their specific knowledge, combined with ingenuity and creativity to develop technical solutions to complex problems.
- Assist with requirements analysis.
- Assist with software design, testing and implementation.
- Carry out integration and test activities in support of system upgrades and deployments.
- Experience working with computer systems, networking hardware, security appliances and software,
- Solid understanding and application of systems and integration engineering principles, requirements analysis and decomposition, system architecture and design.
- Understanding of virtualisation concepts, especially ESXi, vSphere and associated interfaces/APIs.
- Linux and Windows experience and comfort with Bash shell and Powershell.
- Experience/familiarity with deployment tools (mainly Ansible).
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Experience of following procedures relating to software architecture and design, software integration and test, and requirements verification.
- Experience with installing, configuring and administering a range of operating systems.
- Experience with designing, installing and configuring virtual networks and virtual machines.
- Knowledge of setting up and managing hypervisor-based systems.
- Strong networking skills (TCP/IP, switches and routers).
- Good IT skills in a range of SW packages.
- Good knowledge of Windows systems.
- Development or administration of embedded Linux systems.
Because of the nature of the work candidates will need to hold a SC Clearance or be open to going through the process which can take up to 12 months.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a Global power that really respects how important the work life balance is.
If this specific vacancy is not exactly what you are looking for please contact us to discuss other opportunities we may be recruiting for that aren’t necessarily advertised; you can send your CV to this vacancy or contact us directly. Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a new career.