- We are working on behalf of the leading Telecoms and Managed Service Provide on the wonderful Isle of Man.
- They require a Senior Level Network Engineer to join their highly skilled support team.
- The business has wont multiple awards and gained industry recognition for their pioneering new and cutting-edge technology
- The successful candidate will be expected to relocate to the idyllic Isle of Man. Boasting huge lifestyle benefits such as short commutes, breath-taking scenery, excellent schooling and massive connectivity, the Isle of Man makes a compelling proposition for you and your family.
- This senior role operating as a lead and key escalation point, expected to interact closely with team members, managers and customers across the business
- Providing additional technical capability within the team and add value to help progress a highly efficient, engaged, committed and motivated function where the job holder has responsibility to ensure the experience received from products, solutions and services meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Accountable for high risk technical tasks on Core/ISP systems with a key role in architectural decisions.
- Responsibility for design development and operations of very complex networks and systems.
- Able to perform a broad range of technically challenging tasks across complex networks and leading-edge technology including network evaluation, design, capacity management and operations.
- High level of technical and commercial acumen, specialist knowledge and experience on multiple Core and IP network systems.
- Provides technical advice with respect to highest level of technical systems and project complexity.
- Excellent analytical, fault diagnosis and troubleshooting skills. A proven ability to research and develop innovative solutions.
- Demonstrates a strong customer service ethic with experience of managing high profile customers.
- Motivated to identify areas of improvement will likely be illustrated through some involvement in project (such as Prince2) or Lean/Agile methodologies.
- Ability to produce high quality operational and technical reference documentation including management reports.
- Responsible for operational risk identification and management both as an individual and as part of the wider H&MS Support team.
- Driven to develop a thorough understanding of the commercial issues facing MT and makes a substantial contribution to initiatives to increase MT competitive advantage/reduce competitor activity in the market place as appropriate.
- Drives achievement of key performance and project measures.
What’s needed for me to be considered?
- Confident working across a multi-disciplined IT environment, and diverse business. Extensive experience in a service orientated IT support role, minimum of 5 years’ experience as a lead or senior infrastructure engineer.
- Valid professional level vendor certifications, including but not limited to HP, EMC, Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, Linux and Citrix.
- Experience of Cisco IOS, Cisco UCS, Nexus, Nimble iScSi, HP MSA, 3PAR, Pure, NetApp, ACI/NSX, Firewalls (Cisco, Checkpoint, Palo Alto), End-Point Protection, Cisco WiFi.
- Knowledge of networking principles equivalent to CCNA R&S or JNCIS-ENT level.
- Knowledge of layer 2 switching protocols such as STP, Dot1Q, QinQ, VPLS.
- Knowledge of layer 3 routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, VRRP.
- Thorough understanding of competitive technologies and their market place.
- The candidate must be SC security cleared or willing to undergo application for SC clearance.