Fleet Underwriter (Mid-market)
Salary: up to £45k
We’ve partnered with a multinational insurance group in their search for an experienced Fleet underwriter to join their team in Bolton.
- Underwrite new and existing mid-market business profitably, accurately, consistently and in line with established underwriting practices, using the full range of tools available.
- Build trading relationships with brokers, through visits and large case liaison, to maximise financial results and to generate pipeline new business opportunities.
- Build a reputation as a trading expert with a panel of intermediaries and build confidence in the branch ability through interaction with our Underwriting Technical Centre
- Contribute to meetings with brokers and end customers to portray the company’s capabilities and secure new business opportunities.
- Demonstrate contribution to loss ratio control by effectively implementing branch UW controls.
- Identify poorly performing accounts and investigate reasons for lack of retention. Agree and implement actions with senior underwriter, Trading Team Managers & Account Managers to increase retention.
- Contribute to the development of colleagues by coaching and acting as a reference point to assist in decision making within empowerment.
- Support SME Hub colleagues in building trading relationships with intermediaries to enable a consistent service to be delivered.
- Cert CII qualification with DIP CII desirable.
- Fleet underwriting commercial awareness, negotiation skills, with the ability to build strong broker relationships.
- Pragmatic decision making with good analytical and numerical reasoning skills.
- Strong analytical skills with proven experience of account monitoring and action planning
- Proven experience in decision making on a wide range of underwriting scenarios within a Commercial environment.
- Proficient understanding of insurance market and processes across commercial lines insurance operations.
- Sound knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements for insurance, including treating customers fairly.
- Experience of working in teams and a successful record of delivering results.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
If that describes you and you want to learn more, please apply and I will contact you shortly with further information.
Feel free to reach out to me at: