Microsoft Collaboration Lead Architect
Role: Network Applications Lead Architect
Location: West Midlands
Contract Length: 6 month+
Clearance: Basic Clearance
My Client, A leader within the Software and Telecoms Industry is looking for a Lead Architect to join the team and help with a Implementation project that will be taking place in their office in the West Midlands.
The role will entail:
- The Lead Architect role will involve undertaking pre-sales and post-sales optimization solution assurance.
- Review 3rd party proposals for Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams Enterprise Voice and Unified Communications to understand and be fully aware of risk, assumptions, likely issues, dependencies, scope and deliverables.
- As a client facing lead architect you need proven skills in designing and implementing Microsoft traditional and cloud infrastructure platforms to either large-scale private or public sector organisations.
- Act as the technical design expert of complex solutions, responsible for shaping customers thinking, capturing the customer requirements and designing and proposing robust, supportable and fit for purpose solutions that align both with a client’s business drivers and maximises Client’s ability to differentiate their Microsoft UC Voice services.
- To act as Design Authority for the products they specify, from identification of the requirement through to delivery.
- To act as a technical interface between Client, customers, and vendors, in order to professionally represent the overall capabilities and offerings of the company
- Understanding all levels of a Skype for Business Enterprise Voice deployments and to successfully articulate solutions to all levels of technical experience both internally and externally, and to be able to challenge 3rd party and customer subject matter experts, and also be challenged by the same individuals.
- To maintain a high degree of technical knowledge across a portfolio of products and technologies, within the Microsoft UC eco-system, to support the strategic needs of the business.
- Awareness of large enterprise managed service fundamentals, and the impact of such on design and commercial aspects of solutions.
The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in the following –
- Design, solution assurance and subject matter expert in; Exchange Server, Skype for Business Enterprise Voice,Microsoft Teams including advanced configurations for Direct Routing
- Experience in designing complex global Skype Voice solutions is critical.
- Experience in other Unified Communications technologies (UC / UCaaS)
- Experience of migrating from previous versions or third-party systems
- Ideally experience with Office 365
- IP PBX Experience
- Session Border Controller (SBC), especially Audiocodes and Ribbon (Sonus)
- Solid experience in architecture & consulting experience in the context of a services organization such as large system integrators
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Co-ordinating across various groups and functional teams both inside and outside of the business.
- Experience with the following would be ideal: Enterprise voice, PSTN Calling and Conferencing, Persistent Chat
- Configuration and Deployment, Small Branch Appliance, Session Border Controller
- Understanding of Telecom protocols i.e. PRI, T-1, Bonded T-1, Metro Area Networks, E911, E164 Dialling, ISDN, SIP QOS, Least Cost Routing, Dial Plans, Global and User based policies