Linux Integration Engineer
Role: Linux Integration Engineer
Contract Length: 3 months
Set the Scene
My client, a leader within the IT sector is looking for Linux Integrators/Administrators/Engineers, at varying levels of technical ability and experience, to join our existing dynamic Solution Build & Practice. They will work closely with the Infrastructure Architects, Network Architects and Project Managers to configure and document deliverables and offerings on a wide variety of solutions, including appliances and tooling, which vary in size and complexity. Working alongside a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to find better, faster, more effective solutions. This is a fast paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability.
- Provide day to day support to the Architects and Project Managers to deliver the required configurations within all work streams (Main Programme, Live Service, Service Requests and Requests for Change).
- Support the Architects by configuring, implementing and documenting solutions in line with the relevant HLD and or LLD designs.
- Ensure build documentation produced is fit for purpose and reusable through the life of the project.
- Provide 4th line support to projects and work directly with vendors through to successful fault resolution.
- Demonstrable experience with Linux servers in both virtualized and physical environments running Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Experience in administration of Linux Servers and Desktops on a variety of distributions.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, any agent installs (e.g. McAfee, LogRhythm, SCOM etc.).
- Configuration of applications, systemd, Rsyslog, logrotate and the application of lockdowns and clamps.
- Experience in requirements management and associated tooling.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills and approach to defect resolution.
- Strong grasp and experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible, KiXtart, Red Hat Satellite, Cloud Init.
- Demonstrable ability to build and monitor services on servers using CICD practices.
- An understanding of network firewall tools such as Iptables, firewall etc.