We’re looking for an experienced Lead Electrical Technician who is a great communicator and team player for a permanent role based in Bristol. In this busy and varied role, you will provide expertise in support of the Team Leader to achieve the smooth running of the build cell. Ensure the technical development of technicians’ skills.
The Lead Electrical Technician role responsibilities will include.
- Using extensive product knowledge, develop the capability of the build cell to maximize quality, cost and delivery by continuous improvement of system knowledge and skills
- Support the development of Standard Operation documentation to support “Lean” manufacturing principles.
- Ensure that the requirements of the BOM and the customer specification are achieved, completing the ISO 9001, 18001 and 14001 procedures
- Ensure that work allocated to the build team is carried out efficiently, keeping the team leader informed of shortages or technical issues as they arise and what action is being taken to resolve issues that may jeopardise the build plan.
- Identify and resolve build problems by liaising with other departments (where necessary), using reference documents as required
- In the absence of the team leader, plan the workload and maintain the efficiency of the build cell, where necessary referring people and facilities issues to Production Manager.
- Set an example and ensure that the highest level of attendance, quality, Health and Safety, build cleanliness and “5S” within the build areas
- Interpret manufacturing systems in order to support the build process.
What’s needed for me to be considered for the Lead Electrical Technician role?
- Time served electrical apprenticeship
- ONC or other professional qualifications
- Detail wiring within the vacuum industry
- Ability to read electrical drawings
- High standards of build
- Good communicator and team player
- Ability to fault find and implement corrective action
- PC skills
Apply today to be considered for this Lead Electrical Technician opportunity. If suitable, one of our specialist consultants will be in contact to discuss the Lead Electrical Technician opportunity with you in detail prior to submitting your CV to the client. In this discussion we will aim to identify your specific skills and motivations, and where appropriate recommend other relevant opportunities to you that match your requirements.
Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a new career.