Role: JIRA Administrator
Contracting Authority: Public Sector Client
Contract Length: 6 Months
Location: Remote with Adhoc travel to London or Milton Keynes
IR35: Outside IR35
Pay Rate: £360/day LTD
Security Clearance: SC Clearance and Sole UK Nationality
JIRA Specialist required to lead on the issue management, administration, co-ordination and enhancement of the Jira toolset as part of a large scale implementation of technology into a global organisation.
The role holder will be expected to further develop the product and use of Jira and Confluence to ensure it provides the needs of the programme as well as ensuring that it provides the right level of reporting and dashboards for management reporting. Further you will need to work closely with the teams to ensure it’s configured to meet the team’s needs.
Additional requirements include:
- Supporting System administration and development of Jira and Confluence.
- Applying and delivering insights and analytics to help delivery adaptation.
- Configuration and administration of the toolset to deliver efficient delivery processes, combining Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Design and implement workflows and schemes.
- Enable all delivery teams to effectively use the toolset as the central project management platform.
- Develop with PMO effective reporting metrics and reports through Jira
- Analysis of the data and current usage identifying and implementing improvements to the tools usage in the team
The role holder will also need to take an active lead in ensuring defects are resolved or escalated where appropriate. This is varied role that would suit a Jira Specialist who has worked extensively with Jira and has had appropriate experience in using the tool to its fullest to monitor, manage and ensure resolution of defects, providing management reporting.
The role will be predominately based remotely, however there is a potential need for some office working in London or Milton Keynes on an as required basis.
Example Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes
- Strong Business analysis skills with ability to translate business needs to JIRA projects
- Experience with agile principles and project management methodologies
- Organized and can manage multiple projects that meet the needs of multiple stakeholders within the organization
- Crisp written communication and verbal communication skills
- BA/BSc degree in Information Technology, Business, Computer Science or other related field preferred
- Experience with Java and HTML is a plus