We are working on behalf of a leading Engineering company in their quest to find a Java Engineer to join their Surrey based team. The company manufactures a small Mass Spectrometer which is being targeted at a range of environments including drugs manufacture. The software team provides an application which both controls the instrument’s functions and displays and analyses the data retrieved. The main application is written in Java, and they are developing a new Web interface to the Mass Spectrometer.
The business has an excellent benefits package including 35 Hour working week with flexible working, 25 days leave, 7.5% cont. pension and
- You will be involved in several exciting Greenfield projects and work with some incredibly talented colleagues in both the scientific and development functions
- One key project is to develop a new web GUI which is expected to replace the existing Java Swing GUI
- Working closely with stakeholders to develop new features you will be heavily involved with design stages and selection of technologies
- Work will include writing Java code that configures and controls the product and analyses and displays the results
- Developing a new Web interface to the product that will in time replace the current Java GUI
- Thoroughly testing your own code
- Supporting customer facing engineers to resolve customer issues, fixing bugs and adding new features
- Communicating and collaborating with multidisciplinary team including software developers and testers, hardware developers, customer relations/support, service support, and senior management.
What’s needed for me to be considered?
- Strong Java 8 (or later) language and library skills including collections
- Strong debugging skills
- Good understanding of multithread software
- Source control tools e.g. SVN or Git
- Issue tracking systems e.g. Jira
- Software development life cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Apply today to be considered for this opportunity. If suitable, one of our specialist consultants will be in contact to discuss the opportunity with you in detail prior to submitting your CV to the client. In this discussion we will aim to identify your specific skills and motivations, and where appropriate recommend other relevant opportunities to you that match your requirements.
Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 when we assist them in securing a new career!
Software Engineer | Java | Spring |Application Developer