A small but perfectly formed Agricultural Seed manufacturing business is looking to appoint an international Sales Director. This role has excellent development opportunities to become the future Managing Director of the business over the next 2-5 years. Salary for this role is a base circa 85k with an uncapped bonus, possible share options as the role develops.
Your remit as International Sales Director is to grow and expand the customer base, alongside consolidating the existing customers. Our client manufacture seeds for vegetables and plants, that eventually reach the consumer via distributors/retailers and buying groups. Our clients main market is USA and some countries in Europe, with a small percentage being UK based customers.
The ideal candidate will, working in association with the senior management team, assume responsibility for the identification and development of new markets, the continuous research and development of new products.
The International Sales Director/MD designate will have full responsibility for the development and oversight of team initiatives, and help make robust and informed, corporate decisions that elevate the company’s financial and operational performance.
- Develop profitable international sales in existing and new markets.
- Be the key representative of the Board and Company in communicating important decisions to shareholders, other business stakeholders, customers and suppliers.
- Manage the company’s overall development and ensure that general operations run seamlessly as employees accomplish clearly defined goals.
- Make strategic and financial decisions that determine and deliver the Company’s approved long term strategic goals.
- Develop, execute, and assess critical business strategies that will drive the Company’s growth and profitability.
- Collaborate with other executives, managers, and employees to identify meaningful solutions across all aspects of the business.
- Principal responsibility to drive the sales and marketing function across the key markets of UK, Europe and North America.
- Serve as a main resource for managers in the finance, production, Health & Safety, and HR operations.
- Constantly review and adapt all important company procedures and policies by collaborating with all relevant staff and assessing current external best practice and industry trends.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills and effective decision-maker.
- Possess a strong customer focus ethos.
- Demonstrable track record of success within a manufacturing business of driving Sales & Marketing functions including social media.
- Proven success as a senior executive managing departmental teams.
- Expert understanding of corporate finance, imports/exports and business management.
- Strong knowledge of financial, technical, and economic concepts.