In a nutshell
Join us in an exciting player-manager role, leading a team of Financial Planners across Devon while also advising a portfolio of clients. With excellent support and an unmatched brand reputation within the South West, this opportunity promises a rewarding and fulfilling experience.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Provide clients with bespoke, expert financial advice and deliver client excellence; with excellent support from your client liaison and back office business support and paraplanning teams.
- Working closely with our accountancy colleagues to identify and convert new client opportunities and provide a seamless joined-up approach to tax-planning and financial planning.
- Developing relationships with external professionals to help maximise new client opportunities.
- Leading a team of 5 Financial Planners across our Exeter and Torquay offices and supporting them to maximise their potential.
- Working closely with our Head of Financial Planning you will help develop and achieve our ambitious business plan.
- Proven experience in handling a portfolio of high value clients with complex and changing financial planning needs.
- Strong understanding of financial planning, ensuring each client’s goals are fully understood and the most appropriate solution offered, recognising when to involve others. We are a collaborative team and win together.
- As a naturally curious individual, you will have an excellent knowledge of the markets, trends, impacting forces and factors that present opportunities and risks.
- Good influencing and communication skills to build and maintain trusted and strong relationships. You will be a natural networker who enjoys attending events.
- Qualified to at least QCF level 4 and hold a valid ‘Statement of Professional Standing’ (SPS). You can expect to be encouraged and supported to undertake further studies to fulfil your potential – including a pathway to Chartered status, if appropriate.
Why work at Francis Clark Financial Planning
We’re large enough to provide great career opportunities, yet small enough to care. Our team of 70 are based across eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Southampton, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
Our difference is that we help our clients achieve their goals by looking holistically at their financial situation, planning their lifetime finances for the future, whilst recognising that sustainability is a growing theme in investments. We take the worry of financial planning off our clients’ shoulders; we’ll listen, analyse and advise, giving them the best chance of achieving their aspirations.
Our people are the main reason why colleagues enjoy working here. We nurture a strong sense of belonging with a caring team culture, so that colleagues feel valued for what they bring to the business; we love to have fun and let our hair down too.
We are owned by PKF Francis Clark which means we have the backing of a firm which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has over 900 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £55 million. The benefit of this for our clients is that, where appropriate, we work closely with our colleagues at PKF Francis Clark to fulfil our clients financial planning and accountancy needs under one roof.
Why work at PKF Francis Clark
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have nine offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Southampton, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has annual revenue of over £55 million and a 900-strong team based across our offices. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be. In September 2022, PKF Francis Clark was certified as a Great Place to Work. In February 2023 we were ranked as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (40th out of 79 among large organisations). We work hard to ensure that ours is a culture where you can be yourself, develop and be part of a forward-thinking team that makes brilliant things happen.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits will include
Financial benefits: Pension, group life assurance, group income protection
Health & Wellbeing benefits: Employee Assistance Programme with counselling and support for you and your immediate family, option to buy 5 extra days holiday, virtual GP for you and your immediate family, health cash plan for you (and up to four children) to help cover the costs of everyday healthcare and cycle to work.
Other benefits: Bonuses for career and family