Role: Ict Infrastructure Officer
Client: Staffordshire County Council
Rate: £150 – £165.83
Duration: 6 months (high possibility of extension)
- Responsible for ensuring that corporate ICT application services and associated services e.g. network, security, Infrastructure and authentication services are highly available and where exceptions occur take prompt remedial actions ensuring senior managers are kept informed of any extensive breaks in service.
- Proactively ensure the achievement of optimal availability of ICT services, following IT Infrastructure Libraries (ITIL) best practise guidance to areas including but not limited to Problem, Incident, Change, Configuration and Release management. Directorate –Service 05
- Responsible for ensuring that proactive tasks, checks and update activities are carried out on Council ICT services in a timely manner and in accordance with agreed procedures and standards.
- Proactively manage ICT services to ensure availability and performance are optimal and assisting in the development of automated event monitoring and recovery routines.
- In conjunction with agreed procedures build, secure and test new Infrastructure, network and end user computing environments to minimise the risk of a security breach and to ensure services perform optimally taking advantage of new technological developments.
- Implement technical changes to the SICT infrastructure and services either through project driven activities or as a part of routine system maintenance in accordance with agreed change management procedures including ownership, assessment, documentation, management, control, introduction and (where required) testing of the required changes and may often require the working of unsociable hours to minimise disruption to business services.
- Keep abreast of improvements in relevant ICT areas, explore best practices and technological improvements through networking, conferences etc. to help SICT continually improve service delivery and deliver cost benefits on investments.
- Contribute, considering relevant legislation, data protection, security and other standards, to the continuous improvement of council ICT services, including the planning, deployment and testing of availability, business continuity & disaster recovery provision.
- Ensure that all documentation including inventories, schematics, schedules, configurations and DR documentation are available and accurate to aid support and ease recovery in a maintenance or disaster scenario.