We have an excellent opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to join our client working for a leading automation company on permanent basis.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be supporting customers onsite across the West Midlands, this includes fault-finding PLC, DCS, HMI, and SCADA systems using your technical competence and strong interpersonal skills whilst providing an exceptional level of customer service.
The role of the Field Service Engineer will include the following.
- Providing a consistent approach while working under your own initiative, with minimal supervision, and offering our customers the highest levels of service possible.
- Understanding the needs of our customers and markets, speaking their language, developing credibility, dedication, trust, and commitment.
- Continuously seeking to add value to the services provided and achieving first-time fixes, leading to reduced breakdown times, lower costs to customers, reduction in invoice queries, gaining customer satisfaction and retention while helping to achieve market leadership.
- Having commercial awareness and an ability to recognise, promote and pursue new opportunities for sales, contracts, and retrofits.
What’s needed for me to be considered for the Field Service Engineer role?
- Experienced multi-vendor PLC, HMI, SCADA and DCS systems.
- Experience with low-voltage equipment design, installation, and maintenance.
- Experience of full project lifecycle from conception to completion
- Awareness of industrial standards and security concepts
Full JD available upon request
Apply today to be considered for this Field Service Engineer opportunity. If suitable, one of our specialist consultants will be in contact to discuss the Field Service Engineer opportunity with you in detail prior to submitting your CV to the client. In this discussion we will aim to identify your specific skills and motivations, and where appropriate recommend other relevant opportunities to you that match your requirements.
Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a new career.
Field Service Engineer / PLC / SCADA / DCS