Job title: Disposals Surveyor x2
Start date: asap
End date: 6 months
IR35: Outside IR35
Pay: Up to £450 per day
It will be necessary to carry out the following duties:
- Provide value led tactical advice and expertise to deliver the disposals function to identify and deliver a programme of disposals by the best sales method to agree annual capital target receipts. The caseload will include lots of up to c£500k which can increase once results have been proven. KCC looks after social services, education, and highway property assets.
- This work will be under supervision and there will be a need to assist senior staff with some cases, internal data management and commissioning agents, surveys to support planning etc and to provide professional surveying advice throughout.
- Whilst some disposals emanate from service vacation and/or modernisation, others may be generated by third parties. Be able to consider these requests in a timely manner and provide a recommendation to Senior colleagues.
- There will be a variety of asset types (small land strip sales adjacent to interested parties title, small lot open market sales, assisting and managing larger land and property sales with preparatory input such as applying for education consents, commissioning planning consultants for reps to planning policy, assembling indicative valuations and disposal strategies).
- Work to assist senior staff with de-risking sites and obtaining planning consents as required.
- Assist colleagues to undertake Asset Reviews as part of a ‘One Property’ approach, provide information to other teams to carry out option appraisals to determine the disposal / retention of properties.
- Assist with the provision of information in key areas in the development of strategic planning and development advice in accordance with KCC’s strategic direction
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent with a relevant property (RICS) professional or equivalent qualification.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- 3 years PQE.
- Experience in a similar environment – ideally with public sector
- Experience of a one team approach and working collaboratively with a wider team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to adapt the communication style to suit the different audience.
- Good IT skills in MS office packages.
- Be competent at report writing, setting out options and recommendations.
- Be competent in instructing and providing lawyers to document cases in a proactive manner at pace to ensure timely completions.
Please be aware that following Covid the Team are all currently working from home, attending any site visits and occasional office visits as required. There will not be an expectation for staff to attend the office for any more than 50% of the time.