We are working on behalf on an ambitious and successful consultancy in the City of Bath who require a DevOps Engineer to join their operation. Their main product is a SaaS platform that is delivered to some very sizable organisations and is heavily reliant on near perfect run time. This is a new role reporting to a vastly experienced MD with hug potential for skill development on offer.
- Maintaining and monitoring the platforms virtual data centres and office environments to sure all
- services are running and operational.
- Ensuring that all instances are running healthily and using the Zabbix monitoring service.
- Checking all syslogs with GrayLog to ensure logging is as expected.
- Ensuring that security measures are operational and being developed to protect the RIVIAM
- environment this will include:
- Reviewing vulnerability scans of all public IP points to ensure risks are assessed and
- Reviewing host intrusion detection logs to ensure that there is no unusually activity
- Ensure anti-virus is up to date and operational
- Managing day to day contact with the platforms UK based data centre provider
- Working with the development team to create new infrastructure services to support new RIVIAM
- Create and manage development environments locally using Vagrant and Centos.
- Assist in understanding the integration of new technologies into the services such as
- telephony, video and ElasticSearch.
- Develop processes to work in production to perform routine maintenance and tasks.
- Responsible for release management
- Infrastructure change management
What’s needed for me to be considered?
- Experienced in managing and working with Linux production environments specifically Centos 6 /
- with exposure to Ubuntu desirable.
- Experience of managing Python (virtual environments), Apache, NGINX web services.
- Experienced in managing and executing MySQL environment with knowledge of data replication.
- Knowledge of MongoDB is also desirable.
- Experience of creating and managing VMWare using vCloud essential, AWS and Azure
- Experience of production scripting in terms of BASH, PERL, GO or like.
- Solid practical understanding of TCP/IP and network design. Able to design networks, understand
- TCP/IP routing, DNS, firewalls & NAT. Ideally has experience for working in secure environments
- such as Healthcare.
- Able to use technologies such as Docker for building environments and has exposure to
- technologies such as Jenkins.
- Experience of using LDAP or Service Directory based technologies.
- Experience of using Microsoft Windows
- Experienced in managing Apple Mac OS office environment.
- Experience of working with telephony solutions, preferably Asterisk and has knowledge of VoIP
Apply today to be considered for this opportunity. If suitable, one of our specialist consultants will be in contact to discuss the opportunity with you in detail prior to submitting your CV to the client. In this discussion we will aim to identify your specific skills and motivations, and where appropriate recommend other relevant opportunities to you that match your requirements.
Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 when we assist them in securing a new career!