Heat Recruitment has a new opportunity for a Design Engineer to join a civil engineering company based in Birmingham on a permanent basis.
The company are a nationally recognised construction focused conglomerate that specialise in steel framing amongst other forms of Civil engineering structures.
This role is open in the design department of lightweight framing structures, they are looking for an experienced Design Engineer well accustomed to designing Civil or Structural 2D and 3D drawings.
- Design of medium rise building structures.
- Clearly communicate designs and concepts to customers.
- Provide technical support and advice to a team of Sales Managers including general structural, fire, acoustic and thermal issues.
- Represent the Company at design team meetings and site visits when necessary at various locations across the UK.
Qualifications and Experience
- Achieved a Structural or Civil Engineering Degree
- Structural design of building structures in all materials, but ideally with a focus on steel
- Experience in AutoCAD 2D
- Use of Robot structural analysis package is an advantage
- Working towards chartered status
- Good experience of working with BS EN1993-1-1, 3, 5 & 8 and BS EN1991-1-1, 3 & 4 with the ability to train others in their use
- Have the ability to form good working relationships with customers
Apply today to be considered for this opportunity. If suitable, one of our specialist consultants will be in contact to discuss the opportunity with you in detail prior to submitting your CV to the client. In this discussion, we will aim to identify your specific skills and motivations, and where appropriate recommend other relevant opportunities to you that match your requirements.
Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a new career.