Heat Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work with a growing and well respected client of ours based in Portsmouth on a permanent basis.
Our client are truly a global leader in their field. Having built a strong reputation over many years they are continuously looking to break into new product ranges due to their highly innovative Design department.
They are looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer into their dynamic, fast pace Design Office which thrives on its culture new product development and designing bespoke solutions.
They require a skilled and well rounded Designer with exposure to many different manufacturing processes, whilst making sure their products are designed to be aesthetically pleasing.
- Full Product ownership – Concept to Market
- 3D Mechanical Design – Experience with Creo ideally (Exp. In any modern 3D CAD considered)
- Advanced 3D modelling of parts and assemblies
- Design modifications on a wide range of mechanical products
- Project Management – Ensuring all my projects are designed on time and to a specified cost
Ideal Candidate should have:
- Minimum of at least 3 years’ experience in a Commercial Design/ Engineering Role
- Must have experience with a wide range of manufacturing processes, e.g. Castings, Extrusions etc.
- Good Material selection knowledge
- Demonstrable experience of delivering products on time and to budget
- Strong understanding of Material Selection and DfM
- Highly proficient in 3D CAD – Creo ideally, but not essential
- An eye for aesthetic product design
Apply today to be considered for this opportunity. If suitable, one of our specialist consultants will be in contact to discuss the opportunity with you in detail prior to submitting your CV to the client. In this discussion, we will aim to identify your specific skills and motivations, and where appropriate recommend other relevant opportunities to you that match your requirements.
- Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a new career