Role: Designer – Planned Maintenance
Duration: until 28/06/202
Location: Winchester (Hybrid)
Rate: £40 per hour
- Relevant experience in discipline (likely to be an Incorporated or Chartered Engineer)
- Knowledge of highway regulation and maintenance strategy
- Practical, technical skills relating to civil engineering procedures
- Ability to motivate and develop inexperienced staff
- Ability to design schemes to timescale and cost with minimal supervision.
- Proven written and oral communication skills, including customer care experience.
- Proven ability to use computer-based information systems to extract, analyse and manipulate technical and other relevant data.
- Knowledge of contract procedures, highway design standards and appropriate highway and health and safety legislation
- Fulfil the duty holder role of ‘Designer’ under the CDM 2015 Regulations
- Proven people management skills
- Experience working with evolved highways and the complex design solutions required to maintain them
- Meet the travel requirements of the role – full UK driving licence.
- Ability to provide cover for a more senior post during periods of absence.
- Innovative thought and ability to pass on new concepts to other team members.
- Ability to take on a significant number of additional functions and responsibilities which are part of the next higher-level post
Highways | Engineer | Maintenance | Planning | Chartered