Role: Design Engineer (CANDIDATE MUST HAVE ACTIVE SC CLEARANCE)
Rate: £295.92 (outside IR35)
Contracting Authority: AWE
Contract Length: 18 Months
Location: Remote with adhoc travel to Aldermaston, West Berkshire, RG7 4PR and supplier sites
- Maintain & promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security & quality and be a great team player.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of relevant legislative documentation / standards associated with design engineering.
- Application of knowledge to confirm designs are prepared which comply with relevant legislation, standards and requirements.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company
- Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Ensure compliance with Company Assurance Environment, Safety, Health and Quality (ESH&Q) and statutory requirements.
- Ensure the design intent is maintained throughout the lifecycle.
- Ensure application of standards is proportionate and that engineering best practice is adopted.
- Elevate areas of concern to the relevant Principal Engineer.
Liaise with other discipline areas to ensure overall design intent is maintained.4
- Pressure vessel & equipment from first principles
- Highly regulated industry background
- Clear understanding of fundamental – stress/strain/plastic analysis
Tech: Mathcad would be beneficial
Qualification: Mechanical Engineering / HNC