Role: Data Engineer
Contracting Authority: NHSD
Contract Length: 4 months
Pay Rate: £300 UMBRELLA
Security Clearance: BPSS
- Strong specialist knowledge and development expertise in using data management tools such as SSIS, R, Python, SAS DI Studio, or other advanced industry standard tools.
- Significant data management and optimisation expertise, covering: process design; code development (using languages such as R, Python, SQL or SAS); data architecture; testing and assurance; and reference/ master data management.
- Proven ability to communicate complex and technical concepts and issues to non-technical colleagues, customers and stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrable strong influencing skills, with the ability to work with others across organisations to achieve agreed strategic and operational objectives.
- Ability to work effectively on your own or as part of a team and contribute innovative ideas and knowledge to your colleagues
- Able to develop solutions and processes for data science and data management.
- Ability to deliver high quality work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Proven experience in the assessment and reporting of data quality issues to both suppliers and to senior management.
- Experience in the day-to-day management and coordination of staff including the allocation and prioritisation of work to staff.
- Has a proven record of successful delivery of data management services in a large and complex organisation.
- Extensive experience in the collection, analysis, interpretation and prioritisation of customer requirements.
- Experience of developing effective data optimisation and management strategies and processes to manage large, diverse data flows.
- Ability to develop clear process documentation, based on customer requirements, against which a developer could build a technical process.
- Experience of maintaining dashboards in Power BI, Tableau or other BI tools.
- Experience with using record level data.
- Experience of maintaining code and processes using SQL and R or Python.
- Ability to maintain code and processes using software such as Python, R or Hadoop.
- Ability to identify innovative uses of data.
- Ability to understand and interpret results, apply the results to the given problem and suggest conclusions to be drawn.
- Predictive modelling via supervised or unsupervised machine learning.
- Developing and maintaining code using programming languages and tools, such as SQL or VBA.
- Creating standard operating procedures (SOPs), which can be referred to by other members of the team.
- Analysis of raw data.
- Requirements gathering for complex technical processes and/or testing processes.