Leading Manchester based law firm have an opportunity for a Costs Draftsperson to join their Personal Injury team. Duties include drafting Bills of Costs, Replies, Points of Dispute, Costs Budgets, Negotiations and Advices for Personal Injury, Clinical Negligence, Court of Protection, Commercial and Solicitor/Client matters.
- To provide an effective, timely and efficient service to the firm’s clients.
- Communicate with clients of the department in a professional and courteous manner.
- To ensure excellent service standards and maintain high client satisfaction.
- To manage your own caseload.
- To keep up to date with all aspects of the law relating to costs law and the Civil Procedure Rules.
- To take on work in a variety Personal Injury, Court of Protection, Commercial and Solicitor/Client matters, including;
- Bills of Costs
- Replies and/or Points of Dispute
- Costs Budgets
Skills and experience required:
- Qualified Costs Lawyer (0-3 PQE), or a non-qualified draftsperson with a minimum of 4 years’ experience (as detailed above).
- Applicants must have experience in drafting bills of costs and negotiating costs in Personal Injury work. Experience of dealing with Catastrophic PI work would be an advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under own initiative and manage time and priorities effectively.
- Confident communicator – ability to work with stakeholders at all levels across the business.
- A minimum of 25 days’ annual leave (increasing with length of service) plus office closure between Christmas and New Year.
- A one hour early finish, one Friday a month.
- Two days a year to do charitable work.
- The opportunity to get involved in sports teams, hobby clubs, and social events.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders.
- Annual promotions process open to all staff.
If you are currently working as a Costs Draftsperson and are looking for a new role and would like more information apply online for immediate consideration.