Conveyancing Assistant/ Paralegal
An exciting opportunity to join a the Conveyancing team recognized by Legal 500 based in Hertfordshire. As part of continuous growth and development, our client is seeking to recruit an ambitious Conveyancing Assistant or Paralegal.
The role involves dealing with all aspects of conveyancing including:
- Sending estimates, TOBs and sale packs to client
- Dealing with file openings including AML checks and ensuring all information is inputted into case management system (Liberate) and ensuring monies paid on account
- Obtaining office copy entries and issuing contracts
- Requesting leasehold packs and redemption statements
- Liaising with housing association (if shared ownership)
- Liaising with estate agents
- Dealing with files from pre-exchange through to post-completion
- Reviewing the file and ensuring all signed documents held, any documents required to remove charge(s) on property received
- Exchanging contracts and dealing with the relevant post-exchange requirements
- Preparing completion statements and apportionment statements (if leasehold)
- Completing – sending monies to client post-completion, ensuring mortgages redeemed and any outstanding service charge accounts cleared (relevant to leasehold properties), paying estate agents
- Ensuring verbal confirmation of account details are obtained before sending funds
- File closure – ensuring certified copies of original documents saved to file and closure of file on Liberate, ensuring the client account is cleared and no outstanding disbursements/fees
- Recording any retentions post-completion and diarising dates for release of funds to client
What’s Needed to be Considered?
- Administration / Office experience preferred
Apply today to be considered for this opportunity. If suitable, one of our specialist consultants will be in contact to discuss the opportunity with you in detail prior to submitting your CV to the client. In this discussion we will aim to identify your specific skills and motivations, and where appropriate recommend other relevant opportunities to you that match your requirements.
If this specific vacancy is not exactly what you are looking for please contact us to discuss other opportunities we may be recruiting for that aren’t necessarily advertised; you can send your CV to this vacancy or contact us directly. Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 if we assist them in securing a new career.
Job Synonyms: Conveyancing, Conveyancer, Legal Assistant, Paralegal, Residential