Communications Systems Engineer
Specific Job Description:
Applying well-rounded software, hardware and communications engineering skills, the candidate will work on a variety of research and development challenges to deliver cutting edge Electronic Warfare and Cyber (EW&C) solutions for both customer and Client enterprises. The ideal candidate shall be able to work autonomously under general direction from the Technical Lead and shall be capable of shaping the task order’s technical objectives. As the EW&C portfolio expands, there may be opportunity to grow into a technical leadership role, leading teams to deliver specific work packages. Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Work with various hardware, software and communications components to develop bespoke solutions for a diverse client range.
- Apply their specific knowledge, combined with ingenuity and creativity to develop technical solutions to complex problems.
- Contribute to the strategy development for the EW&C related systems activities performed within the programme.
- Work with business development teams to propose solutions that will expand the current portfolio of work.
- Represent the organization as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on contracts and projects.
- Problem solving: a methodical problem analysis approach to determine the root cause of issues.
- The ability and willing to learn technologies quickly and to disseminate knowledge to peers.
- A high-level of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to undertake technical assurance.
- Demonstratable knowledge of Radio Frequency (RF) communication theory and communication system design.
- Use of RF test equipment (spectrum analyser) in support of RF analysis.
- Experience with the full engineering lifecycle.
Typical Minimum Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related master’s degree. Considered an emerging authority
If this specific vacancy is not exactly what you are looking for please contact us to discuss other opportunities we may be recruiting for that aren’t necessarily advertised; you can send your CV to this vacancy or contact us directly. Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a new career.