Commercial Property Senior Associate
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented 6+ PQE Solicitor to join a highly-regarded Commercial Property team in Milton Keynes.
- To work alongside the Head of Department delivering high quality legal service to the firm’s clients
- To contribute to the growth and development of the department
- To comply with all relevant professional and regulatory obligations
- To mentor other members of staff as required
- Excellent opportunity for the right candidate to progress a career quickly to Partner level
- Conduct own cases and assist other fee-earners and partners in providing advice and representation to the firm’s clients.
- Work in accordance with detailed procedures and quality standards contained in the office manual
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders
- Ensure services are provided in a timely fashion and the client is informed regularly on progress and costs
- Achieve targets for billing and time recording
- Take overall responsibility for credit control on own matters
- Develop and maintain good client relationships
- Carry out duties in a professional manner, comply with relevant professional standards and any requirement set by relevant regulators including the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA)
- Develop and maintain the competencies necessary to provide a proper standard of service to clients and maintain a record of professional development
- Comply with internal procedures and systems of the firm including file and case management, file audits, client due diligence and time recording
- Share information and best practice with colleagues
- Adhere to and promote the firm’s equality and diversity policy
- A case load of running client matter including:
- Landlord & Tenant (acting for both)
- Agreements for Lease (including with development obligations and either unconditional or conditional on planning, landlords consent, necessary easements and rights, funding etc),
- Development – acting in site acquisition, planning and leasehold disposals.
- Funding agreements
- Promotion Agreements
- Options and rights of pre-emption
- Overage and clawback arrangements
- Planning agreements
- Leasehold Assignments
- Freehold Acquisition and Disposal
- Acting for lenders
- To include a small amount of residential property work for key commercial clients.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
- Ideally 6+ years PQE but candidates with less experience will be considered
- Able to conduct own caseload with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and understanding of the SRA Code of Conduct and other relevant regulatory requirements
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- IT skills commensurate with the role including ability to work with limited secretarial assistance utilising firm’s case management system
- Commercial and financial awareness including ability to take responsibility for financial control of own client matters
- Able to develop positive relationships with clients and manage client expectations
- Marketing, networking and business development skills commensurate with the role
Apply today to be considered for this opportunity. If suitable, one of our specialist consultants will be in contact to discuss the opportunity with you in detail prior to submitting your CV to the client. In this discussion we will aim to identify your specific skills and motivations, and where appropriate recommend other relevant opportunities to you that match your requirements.
Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a new career.