Commercial Account Handler
Salary: up to £34k (Negotiable)
Hybrid working structure
We’ve teamed with a global consultancy to find a commercial account handler to join their established team in their Glasgow office.
It is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced professional to advance their career with a company that provides excellent career development.
Within the role, you’ll be required to provide a quality service to our clients, acquire optimal retention numbers and push for growth where appropriate.
This role sits within the client’s Retail Broking Division, who provide carefully tailored business insurance, risk management and risk transfer solutions for large enterprises and multinationals. Reporting directly in to the Commercial Broking Manager, you will work with experienced Account Executives, and together provide outstanding service to our customers.
- You will be responsible for creating documents for new customers, along with any mid-term adjustments and renewals information too.
- Ensure all customer details are recorded accurately and entered on to the system in a timely fashion to ensure data integrity.
- Obtain renewal terms for customers, always ensuring you’ve explored other options before providing the best available solution.
- Prepare renewal closings from meeting minutes and ensure cover is bound by renewal date.
- Manage insurer and customer queries about their policies. Confirm cover with relevant insurers, process policies and chase up outstanding documentation when required.
- Deal with account queries and credit control matters highlighting any concerns.
- Apply fundamental legal and regulatory policy in relation to internal policies and the insurance contract as required.
- Holding or working towards one of the Chartered Insurance Institute Qualifications, Dip CII or FIT would be an advantage. Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, with an intermediate knowledge of the commercial insurance industry.
- Previous experience in the insurance industry is crucial, as is having worked to targets within a regulated, measurable framework and achieved SLAs.
- Risk aware in handling customer information, 100% customer centric, focussed on the best possible outcome for our customers at all times.
- Due diligence and process driven to deadlines, task focused, results oriented and takes initiative when assisting team members.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, confident when building and maintaining rapport, strong planning and analytical skills with high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS office, and Acturis experience would be advantageous.
- Eligible to work in the UK.