Chartered Building Surveyor
This is a great opportunity to join a very well-respected and extremely long-standing Insurance business with a great reputation both from customers and those employed by the company. The Surveying arm to their business is a well-run and growing part of the business. This client is a large employer and opportunities for progression are available. You will be based in South London although travel to other areas may be required at times.
On a daily basis you will be:
- Inspection of damaged properties.
- Preparing initial appraisal reports and budget costing with recommendations for repair and reinstatement.
- Preparing specification of works for repairs and reinstatement – up to £250k value of work.
- Ensuring all Planning, Building Regulations, Party Wall and CDM issues are addressed.
- Contract Administration – JCT and bespoke contracts.
- Act as a Technical reference point for Loss Adjusters and Insurers.
- Carry out one off expert / technical / defect diagnosis reports
- Ensure compliance with all performance and process requirements.
- Complaint and dispute resolution.
- Maintain awareness of Business Continuity programme and role within it.
- Delivery of services within SLA target, company governance and operating framework, and revenue targets.
What’s needed for me to be considered?
MRICS Chartered Building surveyor is ideal although other bodies considered – MCIOB, ICE, QS, CEng etc
Apply today to be considered for this opportunity. If suitable, one of our specialist consultants will be in contact to discuss the opportunity with you in detail prior to submitting your cv to the client. In this discussion, we will aim to identify your specific skills and motivations, and where appropriate recommend other relevant opportunities to you that match your requirements.
Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 in voucher if we assist them in securing a new career.
Job Synonyms: Building Surveyor, Property Surveyor, Chartered Surveyor