Position: Business Analyst
Rate: £600 (max umbrella)
Length of contract: 6 months with the chance of extension
Location: Remote to start with then potential travel to London (Expenses paid)
- BA role predominately supporting project manager with combination of analytical analysis of data, representation of data and subsequent interaction with information asset owners (IAO)
- Working in unstructured data,
- Using data modelling tools
- Experience of using elastic and Kibina is a plus
- Elastic is a plus
- Kilbana is a plus
- Data visualisation tools is a plus
Core day to day duties:
- Business Analysts will help the business leads articulate their requirements into a prioritised requirements set.
- Provide Business Analysis / architecture support to the development of the programme portfolio to Level 2 design maturity.
- Capture, analyse organisational design and business processes;
- Work with the projects as required to capture, analyse and manage requirements (functional and non-functional) to inform solution design;
- Break-down and understand business and technical complexities and issues and develop business solutions for resolution.
- Ensure that proposals reflect business needs and align to the organisation's strategic objectives;
- Act as the liaison between business operations and project delivery (Design and IT);
- Conduct impact analysis of business changes including volumetric analysis;
- Report to and support the Project Manager and Senior Leadership Team. All work will be produced to a quality standard aligned to industry recognised requirement management practice.
Key Essential skills:
- Knowledge of efficient and effective ways of using data to tackle business and organisational challenges.
- Experienced in the full range of Business Analysis activities, including Requirements capture, process mapping and modelling and use case development.
- Excellent IT skills including Advanced PowerPoint, Visio and Excel skills;
- Business Design (ideally using EASE or MODAF);
- Experience of analysing a range of processes, activities and IT systems;
- Experience of facilitating workshops and capturing workshop outputs
- Good analytical problem solver – ability to make and recommend decisions based on informed analysis and impact assessment;
- Understanding of Programme Management environments, Project Management environments, change and risk management.