Broking Operations Manager – Sussex/Surrey Border – excellent salary DOE
Are you a professional, ambitious, career minded individual with at least five years’ experience as a Commercial Insurance Broker? Are you looking for a new opportunity to develop your skills and move to the next level in your broking career? If so, this role will be of interest to you.
Objectives of the role:
- Be involved in all aspects of SME commercial insurance broking.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing clients, prospects, insurers, suppliers and the RS Risk Solutions team.
- Conduct broking activities across the policy lifecycle to place appropriate insurances for our clients which meet their demands and needs across a broad range of property, liability, financial lines and fleet insurances.
- Support the growth of the business in line with the agreed objectives.
- Manage and develop the account handler team in line with account growth.
The successful candidate will have:
- Commercial insurance broking experience which includes pre-existing insurer relationships, with an understanding of underwriting appetites and products across a range of insurances.
- At least five years relevant commercial insurance broking experience gained from working in the SME commercial insurance sector.
- A track record of working with SME and individual clients, building trusted relationships.
- Experience in producing high quality market presentations and placement of business both in the open market and via etrade.
- Competent user of Acturis or similar customer management system.
- Experienced and confident user of IT including MS Office 365.
- A full driving licence with own transport is essential in this role.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Efficient operational self-management and management of others.
- Attainment of CII qualifications or part-qualifications with a willingness to continue your professional development would be an advantage.
- A good standard of general education.
Success is measured by achievement of agreed key objectives which include new business converted, renewal retention and customer satisfaction.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Bonus scheme
- Free private parking
- Private healthcare
- Contributory pension
- Company events and opportunities to socialise
Apply today to be considered for this opportunity. If suitable, one of our specialist consultants will be in contact to discuss the opportunity with you in detail prior to submitting your CV to the client. In this discussion we will aim to identify your specific skills and motivations, and where appropriate recommend other relevant opportunities to you that match your requirements.
Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a new career.
Job Synonyms: Commercial Insurance, Acturis, Cert CII