Do you want to be part of a company who is consecutively recognised as the “best place to work in insurance”?
Are you interested in joining one of the world’s largest privately held independent brokerages?
Is it important to you, that you contribute to a team of highly technical broking professionals who are committed to delivering the highest levels of client satisfaction?
Does not only an extremely competitive salary and benefits suite but in addition, support towards your personal own development and professional qualifications interest you?
If you said yes to the above, this Account Manager role in Glasgow city centre should interest you.
• Provide support to the Account Executives and New Business Executives in the overall servicing of client’s policies.
• Effectively manage all renewals and adjustments in a timely and professional manner
• Conduct all key tasks in a compliant manner in line with company protocols and procedures
• Accurately preparing client and market documentation.
• Obtain quotations both for new and renewal business.
• Check policy documentation for accuracy prior to issue to the client.
• Identify the risk exposures and advise on insurance and risk management solutions in consultation with the Account Executive/Partner.
• Manage UK corporate clients, and if appropriate, co-ordinate global insurance programmes and liaise with network worldwide.
• Where required engage with other divisions of the company to produce bespoke client solutions.
- Have a track record of broking large commercial and corporate insurance accounts.
- Comprehensive understanding of most classes of insurance risks, especially P & C.
- Ability to broke and service the insurance needs of UK corporate clients from a variety of sectors who generate £50 million turnover and upwards.
- Ability to prepare and interpret claims experiences and analysis, including claims triangulations and the impact of deductibles and cover variances.
- Ability to prepare a broking presentation that accurately reflects the cover required and meets the client’s demands and needs.
- Ability to identify opportunities for business development.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with clients, insurers, and other associates.
- Presentation skills in both preparation and execution.
• Ability to manage time, prioritise, and ensure deadlines are met without compromising quality.
This role provides a combination of a competitive salary, career growth prospects, a supportive technical team, access to specialists and the chance to work with a well-respected company within the insurance market. Contributory pension, PMI, flexible benefits.