Calling all experienced Bid Writers/ Tender Managers!! We are partnering with a multi-award-winning commercial cleaning & facilities management company who have an expert focus on high-end commercial clients from education, luxury retail to corporate offices, and even royalty. Having started as a family business over 15 years ago, it now employs over 1,000 people and has over 500 sites across the UK, from Scotland to Southampton. This business have a reputation for having a strong emphasis on sustainability, fair pay (Real Living Wage), care for its people and innovation. You will be based within 1 hour’s commute from central London. Salary circa 55k – 65k base +10K bonus related pay + benefits.
About the role: Bid Writer
You will be someone who has built up a portfolio of experience and knowledge in this demanding field of dealing with all types of ITT/RFI tenders, with equally
transferrable skills in terms of writing/presentational skills & accuracy.
You will have the ability to deliver on time all project/tender related items of work as part of the submissions process. Excellent IT skill set is a given, an increased level of education, and for someone who can display a high degree of fluency in their work. Full company/industry knowledge and training will be given by a Director as part of ongoing mentoring to enable the successful person to flourish in the role by gaining further insights into the industry.
- Own and develop high quality bid responses to win “destination business”.
- Coordinate with pursuit owners and account leaders to deliver responses within the submission deadline
- Work with commercial leads to align quality sections with pricing submissions
- Run the bid programme
- Make effective use of bid data
- Capture of lessons learnt to improve future bids
The Person – skill requirements:
- Proven track record of producing successful complex tender responses.
- Proven track record in authoring and/or copywriting quality sections of bids
- Strong organisational skills
- Comfortable working under pressure in the tight deadline world of bidding
- High attention to detail
- Ability to engage and collaborate with various people to deliver to programme
- Impactful presentational skills valued
- Commercial and pricing expertise valued
- Highly proactive, flexible, enthusiastic and pragmatic delivery orientated approach with ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent planning, organizational and prioritisation skills
- Able to work autonomously, and comfortable with rapid change, as well as working as part of a wider team
- IT literate (MAC and/or PC) – good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Excel and Power Point
- Previous cleaning industry experience preferred but not essential
General Company Benefits
- Work-from-home Friday, flexible working hours. Central London located premium office with parking, shower and cycling facilities
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay. Subsidised gym membership. Free fruit, snacks & drinks in the office
- Genuine career opportunities and ‘promote from within’ culture – Continuous training and personal development programme
- Employee of the Quarter plus annual Awards. Regular company-funded social events throughout the year
- Cake & bubbles on your birthday!!
- Annual away weekend for HQ team to European cities.