Leading Manchester based Law firm has an opportunity to join them as a Benefits Advisor in their Court of Protection team. This is a new role and it involves advising colleagues and clients with welfare benefits reviews, enquiries, and applications. Applicants from non-legal background including DWP, government and council services, finance are encourages.
Skills and experience required:
- Recent and ongoing experience of providing Welfare Benefits advice including DWP, local authority and HMRC administered benefits.
- Advanced knowledge of Welfare Benefits, able to deal with more complex issues in a system where Universal Credit and legacy benefits coexist.
- Experience of challenging Welfare Benefit decisions at all levels and preparing legal arguments based on social security legislation and recent case law.
- Ability to check benefit awards and preform calculations, identifying entitlement to benefits, additional elements, premiums, rates, and backdated payments.
- Ability to explore and apply welfare benefit regulations to maximise income.
- Assisting with the completion of health questionnaires and assessing entitlement to disability benefits.
- Knowledge of how compensation claims are treated by the Department for Work and Pensions and local authorities is desirable.
- Competitive and negotiable salary and benefits package.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays and Christmas shut down as extra.
- Active social and charitable communities within the office.
- Progression and development opportunities with promotion pathways.
If you are currently working as a Benefits Advisor and would like further information apply online for immediate consideration.