Job Title: Backend Developer (Node.JS)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: 60K – 65K (Plus shares scheme)
Location: London (1/10 Days In Office Fortnightly)
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Process: 3x interview process (carried out in a week worst case scenario)
1st Stage – Home tech test to complete over a day or so
2nd Stage – 45 minute discussion / evaluation on tech test / Ideas sharing
3rd Stage – 15 minute casual chat with the Co-Founders
About The Company
They are a VC backed Conversational AI start-up, that delivers cutting edge solutions to mainly critical service teams across the UK. Working together with public sector organisations including the police force, universities and other charitable organisations. Other key clients include various other enterprises operating within Retail, Banking & Insurance. In order to meet the demands, they are in need of a sparky individual to come in and make an impact, by sharing their own ideas and solutions. With a no hierarchy policy, your ideas will be acknowledged and viewed equally to others as they are a firm believer in being accountable as ONE.
They have great plans for the next 2 years, which will require a Backend Developer to come create and support the development of the their backend APIs and microservices. You'll be tasked with continuing the design and delivery of its microservice architecture and our API strategy as well.
Remote working – They ideally would like you to come in for the sprints, which could be once every fortnight.
Shares Scheme – You will be offered to be part of the Shares Scheme which could pay off extremely well (Confidential chat)
Holiday – 25 Days annual leave
Culture – A supportive environment working directly with the founders. Hierarchy isn't a thing, everyone is equal and given the freedom to innovate, which is key for their business.
- To create and support the development of our backend APIs and microservices
- To mentor and train junior developers on best practices and coding patterns
- To architect best-practice code patterns and ensure that these are followed throughout the development life cycle.
- Work closely with the “Head of Engineering” to ensure reliability, scalability, and security of each microservice deployed.
- Have a strong understanding of software architecture and also design principles
- Great knowledge in Node.JS and TypeScript (bonus having some commercial experience working with Python
- Strong experience developing REST APIs and using WebSockets
- Experience working with CI tools (ideally Azure Pipelines).
- Experience of working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- And more……
Feel free to get in touch if you feel this role could be a great fit for you. I will consider all applications and reach out shortly after you've applied for a chat! Unfortunately for this role, they are unable to provide visa/sponsorship, Sorry!!